On 12/30/2012 12:39 PM, Chris Purves wrote:
From the documentation I've read, omega can read from multiple
databases, but I'm not sure how to go about this.

I have three databases created using omindex, currently located at
/var/lib/xapian-omega/data/share, /var/lib/xapian-omega/data/users,
and /var/lib/xapiax-omega/data/management

The quickstart guide says that in omega.conf database_dir should point
to the directory containing my database(s), but if I set it to
/var/lib/xapian-omega/data it only looks for the default directory.

Can I configure omega to search multiple databases or should I use
something like xapian-compact to merge the three into one?
One way to do this is with a stub database. This example is stolen from
an email asking for help.

Databases:
/var/lib/xapian-omega/data/db1
/var/lib/xapian-omega/data/db2
/var/lib/xapian-omega/data/db3

Stub:
/var/lib/xapian-omega/data/default

The stub file "default" is a text file that contains the following:
auto /var/lib/xapian-omega/data/db1
auto /var/lib/xapian-omega/data/db2
auto /var/lib/xapian-omega/data/db3

/usr/lib/cgi-bin/omega/omega 'DB=default' 'P=searchphrase' 'FMT=xml'

The file doesn't have to be named default.

Hope that helps,
Jim.

groupxapian-discuss @
categoriesxapian