Jarrod Roberson wrote:
On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 9:37 PM, Olly Betts wrote:

On Mon, Mar 09, 2009 at 09:04:46PM -0400, Jarrod Roberson wrote:

On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 8:38 PM, Olly Betts wrote:

It would be helpful to have someone with more Java expertise to mentor
or co-mentor such a project, if you (or anyone else) is interested.
I can test the java interface, I don't know enough about SWIG to be of much
use there.
Whereas I'm familiar with SWIG, but not really with Java (which is
largely why my work on new Java bindings stalled).

well feel free to lean on me for java testing or feedback, I would love the
Java bindings to
be on par with the Python ones. I have a project I want to open source that
uses Xapian.
But I can't until the java bindings are more production ready.
I unsuccessfully attempted to use SWIG to generate the Java bindings as
a package twice. The second time, I attempted to take a set of simple
java examples and build a package from it. It didn't work and the SWIG
support group didn't have an answer, at least not one that I could
understand.

Jim.

groupxapian-discuss @
categoriesxapian