I know the subject has been discussed and there is a summary of
discussions on the subject on the wiki. A while back I was curious as
to how the Search::Tools::HiLiter and Search::Tools::Snipper modules
might work with Xapian so I generated a test. I've cleaned up that test
and decided to publish it. A readme is located at
http://fayettedigital.com/downloads/README.html. The file can be
downloade from http://fayettedigital.com/downloads/nsearch.tar. It
works OK on Ubuntu 8.04 and with difficulty on Centos 5.1.

There is a lot of javascript included. It uses AJAX to communicate with
the perl CGI file. It requires the dojo toolkit.

It's not fancy but if anyone is interested in toying with the previously
mentioned modules, it's a starting point. It includes a database, the
same on that I described creating in my recent wiki article.

Jim.

groupxapian-discuss @
categoriesxapian
postedJan 6, '09 at 1:22a