Olly Betts writes:
There's a bug in Xapian 1.0.4 and earlier where values_begin() doesn't
ensure that the values have been read. However both values_end() and
values_count() do, so in real world code this is really unlikely to
be an issue (and indeed nobody reported it despite it being like that
for years).

[snip]

Either just ignore the test failure, or if you want the tests to pass
patch it by removing the "ok()" from around the first $valueit line and
decrement the number of tests after "plan tests" near the start of the
file.
Simply removing "ok()" did not work for me.
From your description above, I decided to add a "$doc->values_count()" call
before values_begin test to force reading of the values.

I hope this is OK.

Thanks,
dam

groupxapian-discuss @