We are observing an odd behavior after upgrading to 6.0.29.
Ordinarily if an exception occurs this will be logged to catalina.out.
When Tomcat is first started (we use jsvc) this is the case as
expected. However if the webapp is redeployed (without a restart of
Tomcat) errors are no longer logged to catalina.out. Restarting will
return it to the normal behavior (until the next redeploy).

Prior to upgrading we were using 6.0.20 and did not have this issue.
Running under Solaris 10 with JDK 1.6.0_21. I'd be happy to provide any
other information that might be useful. Any suggestions? Thanks!

--
Roy McMorran
Systems Administrator