Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
From: Roy McMorran
Subject: Re: Session Replication in Cluster

If the session ID changes from "ABC123.node1" to "ABC123.node2", then
you will start a new session at the browser.
No, you get a new *cookie* at the browser; the session is something only the server has cognizance of. Assuming your session replication across nodes is working properly, the user sitting at the browser won't know that anything has changed.
Thanks Chuck, that was helpful. I think I was being misled by the
behavior of the application I'm trying to cluster. It looked like a
whole new session had been established after the failover, but upon
closer investigation I can see now that is not the case.

Best wishes,
-r

--
Roy McMorran