May I suggest you emit a warning to the logs when comma is used in the
regexp for a few versions?

Hen
On Fri, Dec 24, 2010 at 10:34 AM, Mark Thomas wrote:
There are a number of configuration properties defined as "comma
separated regular expressions". As someone pointed out at at ApacheCon
that is a little odd. It stops "," being used in an expression and is
inefficient.

Having just been bitten by this while setting up the new Jira instance,
I intend change all properties that take regex in Tomcat 7 to use a
single regex. This will simplify the code, simplify configuration and
make the regex processing faster.

I probably won't get around to actually doing this until the new year.

Mark