From: Bob Archer
Sent: Monday, August 12, 2013 3:02 PM
To: John Maher; Edwin Castro; users@subversion.apache.org
Subject: RE: Strange behavior
Thanks Edwin,

That's exactly what I am trying to do. I was looking for a way for
the tool to accomplish this. I'd be just as glad if someone tells me
it is impossible, which I suspect it may be. Otherwise there are over
200 manual operations required just to create a repository. The way
some people praise subversion I would think this can be automated.
But then again perhaps those are the people who use subversion for the
simplest of builds.

I'm not sure what you are asking for? An automated way to ignore files you
don't want check in? Or are you talking about import?

I believe import respects global ignores if you have them set up in your config
file.

BOb

JM