How would one upgrade to svn 1.8.1 as it exists within TortoiseSVN?
Simply look at the name of the TSVN download file... the current download is:

TortoiseSVN-1.8.0.24401-x64-svn-1.8.0

This has two version numbers in it. The first is the TSVN version number, 1.8.0.24401.

The second is the version of subversion libraries that it is using. Currently 1.8.1. So, you simple need to wait for a version of subversion that shows 1.8.1 or newer as the subversion library version.

AFAIK 1.8.1 hasn't been released yet. But, a nightly version of TSVN may be linked to the pre-release version of svn 1.8.1. You only need to look at the file names to determine that.

BOb

That is, I simply run TortoiseSVN, check stuff in and out of my unfuddle
repository, and am deliberately and blissfully unaware of all the machinations
that happen when I right click in Explorer and choose "SVN Commit". For
example, I have no idea what "serf", amongst all the libraries used by svn, even
is.

Thanks,

Dave