Did you try it without using Dry Run... I have found at times that can cause issues. There's really no need to use dry run since you can just revert. Just make sure you have no pending changes in your target working copy.

From: C M
Sent: Monday, June 17, 2013 12:39 PM
To: C. Michael Pilato
Cc: Subversion
Subject: Re: Ancestrally Related Error Message

I think my earlier mistake might have been that I was using the --reintegrate option.
Without it, I make some progress, but still not quite what I am expecting.
Again, given that trunk is empty, why the "C" (tree conflicts)? I would expect all of then to be "A" (additions), no?
The DEV_WC currently only shows the two dirs which SVN correctly recognized as additions.

c:\Temp\DEV_WC>svn merge --dry-run --ignore-ancestry https://path_to_branch/SCR_BR/

--- Merging r1191 through r1245 into '.':
    C ini
    C txt
    C graphics
    C MMI