-----Original Message-----
From: Z W
Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 4:26 PM
To: Bob Archer
Cc: Johan Corveleyn; users@subversion.apache.org
Subject: Re: merge using same revision number - quick question

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 9:50 AM, Bob Archer wrote:
On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 9:32 AM, Bob Archer wrote:
Hi Johan, Bob and all

We took your suggestion and it still fails in that
1- when we try to merge again at the root level
(goals:
a- to move subtree merge done previously to the working copy root
level so that the past merge can be traced at the root level using
"svn mergeinfo -show- revs merged)

svn merge -c 498 https://test.com/svn/root /path/to/root

But when we do a svn status, all other untouched files and folders
(unrelated to the revision number) are also touched.

svn status -u
M           506 src/ap
M           506 src/ap/k.java
:
:

We then commit.

We performed the above steps for several other revision numbers and
still get the same svn status -u output for those files and folders
when executing those other subsequent revision numbers.

What are we doing wrong ?
What are the changes to those files? I assume mergeinfo is being
elided from all those files? If so, that is something that you want to
happen. Once that is done the first time, all your merge info will be
in the root folder and you won't see this any more.
Hi Bob, we're still seeing the problem of unwanted touches of files and
directories on new unmerged rev numbers, even after we reapply all merges
for all previous already-merged at feature branch root level.
We're getting concerned now, wondering if we misunderstood the explanations
here.
We're using SVN 1.6

Please check the poperties on one of the files. Tell me what the mergeinfo: is prior to your merge and after your merge. Up to this point we were talking about generalities, but we are getting down to specifics now.

Also, 1.7 is much less chatty wrt where it adds merge info.

BOb

Thanks for your response.
What does elided mean ?
Elide simple means remove.
We do see the revision numbers are moved from eligible to merged in
svn mergeinfo after a "svn merge" and "svn commit"
Great... if you always do your merges from your project root, you won't see this
issue again.

groupusers @
categoriessubversion
postedApr 18, '13 at 4:54a