Yes i agree with your statement.

But i am currently having SVN Server 1.5 without apache.

Also my current repositories look like below

svn://svnserver/svn/Projectname1/myrepo2
svn://svnserver/svn/Projectname1/myrepo3
svn://svnserver/svn/Projectname2/myrepo1

Each Project having two more repositories.How can i move these repository
with same url setup into Edge.

Please guide me to migrate my current setup into  what you have.
I have not known (or read about) anyone to get Active Directory working with svnserver. Supposedly it is possible... so someone else would have to help you.

If you move to edge you would be using Apache and would be changing to the http:// protocol. So, your URL would change, but your clients can use a simple switch command to modify the URL of their existing working copies, we did the same thing. The main reason I moved to SVN Edge was to be able to use Active Directory (windows domain) logins so I wouldn't have to manage passwords. Now I just need to add/remove people from an Active Directory group that IT made me the admin of.

Also, moving to edge would be an easy way to upgrade to 1.7.x, since that is the latest and greatest.

You also should be able to set up SVN Edge without taking down your svnserve instance. Once you are satisfied that it is up and running and everything is working you can notify your users that they need to switch to the new url, and then you can stop the svnserve service.

Regards
Support Team.

From:
Bob Archer <bob.archer@amsi.com>