I accidentally replied to Pawel off-list. Here's our exchange:

Hi Andreas,

You're right, yum info does not require a sudo. To be honest, I was lazy
and didn't even check this - I just copy-pasted the install command and
changed the 'install' to 'info' in my previous e-mail. But that's a good
point - not reason for using sudo where it's not necessary.

Cheers,

Paweł