On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 7:58 AM, Cyril Plisko wrote:
Yes, probably. I think current setup with Sun being in control of
virtually everything isn't healthy.
When Sun will decide to pull the plug (and I have no doubt Sun (the
corporate) will do it one day, whatever the reason will be) we'd
better have something not just prepared and ready, but rather working.
I agree. Continuity is also a creeping concern too, don't ya think?
Speaking of sf.net, why not host it there?
Well, I was going to answer that sf.net doesn't allow one to choose
CDDL as a license covering the hosted project, but I just checked it
and apparently they allow it now.
So should someone organize a vote? Should a few people just do it and
hope for adoption later? Should it be brought before the community at
large? Sanctioned or not?

Playing it forward, one of the obvious challenges is merging source
from the upstream HG repo's that every Sun employee would still be
putting back to. You know those wouldn't go anywhere soon. Would you
focus on other artifacts, too? Testing? Docs?

If you do allow more automated and easier patching/put-backs, the
process to get them committed upstream would be *interesting*. The
whole SCA thing, ya know?

grouposunix-dev @
categoriesopensolaris
postedDec 10, '08 at 12:00p