On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 6:54 AM, Cyril Plisko wrote:
On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 2:23 PM, "C. Bergstr?m"
wrote:
Hi Cyril,

Thanks for the enthusiasm!

As I mentioned on the @os.o lists I'm still drafting up the introduction,
but I hope the archive begins to get some momentum in the coming months.
One of the biggest questions I've been trying to answer is which direction
should we take this?

There's a big difference between onnv-gate for noobies and lets discuss
advanced or controversial OpenSolaris technology development. Maybe both can
work well on the same list, but I think it depends on volume. While I don't
anticipate this happening tomorrow I'd like to avoid it turning into
something as chaotic as lkml.
Sure thing.
Please anyone feel free to speak up and share your ideas or goals.
I was thinking of having infrastructure similar to sf.net at, say
genunix.org, which will help people get started with OpenSolaris
development with virtually no overhead.
Anyone care to comment ?
Prophetic, it would seem.

Sorry for not responding sooner -- I'm only now going through about a
month's backlog of email-to-respond-to.

Where would you begin? I'm assuming we're talking about a whole new
repository for the project, ignoring the Sun-owned and Sun-controlled
infrastructure hosting the OpenSolaris development currently? Bug
tracking, mailing lists, etc?

Speaking of sf.net, why not host it there?

grouposunix-dev @
categoriesopensolaris
postedDec 10, '08 at 12:00p
activeJan 18, '09 at 5:40p