On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 04:55:10PM +0100, Peter Rabbitson wrote:
On 02/26/2015 03:43 PM, David Cantrell wrote:
This bug in DBD::mysql is apparently not going to be fixed:
https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id`987
Before we go further - is there explicit statement from the DBD devs
that this is not going to be fixed? Perhaps just forgotten...?

Not authoritative, no.

But it's several years old, and there are a few related tickets going
back years too. And I need a fix *now*, hence my monkey-patch. Some of
those tickets include claims that fixing it would break
backward-compatibility.

There isn't an overrideable point exposed for this, because "ugh".

That is, alas, what I expected.

Also it never came up until now.

My patch is an adaptation of one that someone else wrote that
monkey-patched DBI instead. I guess that it didn't come up because other
people are patching closer to the bug, or they're just not mentioning
it, because "ugh".

Also (as noted in that RT) - this will badly
break BLOB operations.

Good point. That prompted me to look over our code. We had two BLOB
fields, one of which can be replaced with a TEXT. The other really does
contain binary data, but it seems that it's getting corrupted anyway
even without my monkey-patch. Yuck.

--
header FROM_DAVID_CANTRELL From =~ /david.cantrell/i
describe FROM_DAVID_CANTRELL Message is from David Cantrell

groupdbix-class @
categoriesperl, catalyst
postedFeb 26, '15 at 2:43p
activeFeb 27, '15 at 1:33p