On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 2:27 PM, Lee Goddard wrote:
I am in a situation similar to the one Ovid described in thread of 2008
entiteld 'Re: [Dbix-class] Re: Caching DBIx-Class Fixtures'

That is, I have an ovelry-large production database, upon which I perform a
large number of truncations to leave only reference data.? On top of this
'base' i need dto install some fixtures, ie have a known data set inserted,
so that I can bring a dead test suite back to life.

I am thinking of using 'debugobj,' or even DBI's tracing (to dump raw SQL),
to create the fixtures.

Before I start, though, I am wondering if there is an easy way to convert
either type of data into DBIx::Class::Fixtures or simillar?? From a quick
read of perldoc DBIx::Class::Fixtures, it seems the JSON is hand-crafted,
whereas my data will be from several hundred user-journeys.
By the way there is also Test::DBIx::Class with it's own fixtures
helpers. I have not yet had occasion to try it.

groupdbix-class @
categoriesperl, catalyst
postedAug 19, '10 at 12:27p
activeAug 19, '10 at 3:08p