On 29 Jan 2009, at 22:03, Carl Franks wrote:

Is it okay to use $result_source->column_info('name')->{_inflate_info}
to test whether a column is inflatable / deflatable?
It seems a bit too reliant on internals, to me.

Or should there be a has_inflatable_column('name') method?

(and is that what it should be called? do we really also need a
'has_deflatable_column' too?)

If someone makes a call, I'll write up a patch for it.

Carl
There doesn't seem to be a public way to determine this, and indeed
accessing anything starting with an _ indicates badness.

First things first - what exactly do you care if a column is inflated
or not?

Secondly, do you treat relationships as inflated or not?

-ash

groupdbix-class @
categoriesperl, catalyst
postedJan 29, '09 at 10:03p