2015-10-06 7:15 GMT+09:00 Vladimir Marek <vladimir.marek@oracle.com>:
Thank you for your quick reply.
It looks like those two errors come from different reasons. The first
one (of t/51...) can be safely skipped if DBD::SQLite is not compiled
with ENABLE_COLUMN_METADATA (see t/rt_40594...).
For the t/51_table_column_metadata.t I intend to exclude only the failed
tests. But I am struggling with the second part of problems.
You probably need to update your manifest or run util/constants.pl (in
the repository) before you make a distribution to address the second.
I'm a bit struggling with what is going on here. I have downloaded the
constants.pl and SQLiteUtil.pm script, fiddled with it so that it
consumes /usr/include/sqlite3.h, but the files produced by it
(contstants.inc and Constants.pm) are the same as the ones in the
DBD-SQLite-1.48.tar.gz .

I then went into the test itself and it seems that it's generating full
text index of all the files contained in the MANIFEST file. Then it's
looking for given words and compares the output with predetermined
'correct' set. All tests work, but one. Looking for
'"use strict" AND "use warnings"' does not find
lib/DBD/SQLite/Constants.pm. I changed the test and I can confirm that
looking for both '"use warnings"' and '"use strict"' finds that file.
I also verified which file is opened by the test and I made sure that
both strings are present. I have tried to dump the sqlite database, but
it's mostly full of binary blobs.

I know next to nothing about DBD::SQLite and/or SQLite itself, but the
guts feeling is that the perl module is just a wrapper, so maybe SQLite
itself could be blamed here? We have version 3.8.8.1. Looking here:
https://sqlite.org/news.html does not reveal any relevant bug being
fixed.

I can compile my own sqlite and link the perl module to it, but at the
moment that's all I can think of ...

Are you using a custom packager script, or making DBD::SQLite all by hand?
If the former is the case, check your packaging script and see if
there's a list of extracted file to be copied to somewhere (in a
temporary directory etc) and lib/DBD/SQLite/Constants.pm is correctly
contained in the list. The file is added fairly recently (April 2015),
so if you are using a script written some time earlier, the file may
not be copied correctly, which leads to your error.


According to the CPAN Testers, DBD::SQLite normally passes all its
tests under Solaris. So I don't think there's anything bad in the code
itself.


http://matrix.cpantesters.org/?distÛD-SQLite+1.48


Regards,
Kenichi

Thank you!
--
Vlad


Regards,
Kenichi


2015-10-01 0:16 GMT+09:00 Vladimir Marek <vladimir.marek@oracle.com>:
Hi,

I am working on integrating DBD::SQLite into Solaris. I need it to link
to /usr/lib/libsqlite3.so . The problem is that the library is compiled
without SQLITE_ENABLE_COLUMN_METADATA. Is there any experience with this
combination?

I can make DBD::SQLite compile by removing the define in question from
Makefile.PL. Running test shows some problems afterward:

t/51_table_column_metadata.t .......................... 1/33
# Failed test 'id is auto incremental'
# at t/51_table_column_metadata.t line 21.

# Failed test 'data type is correct'
# at t/51_table_column_metadata.t line 22.
# got:''
# expected: 'integer'

# Failed test 'id is a primary key'
# at t/51_table_column_metadata.t line 23.

# Failed test 'data type is not defined'
# at t/51_table_column_metadata.t line 31.
# got: '?('
# expected: undef

# Failed test 'id is auto incremental'
# at t/51_table_column_metadata.t line 21.

# Failed test 'data type is correct'
# at t/51_table_column_metadata.t line 22.
# got:''
# expected: 'integer'

# Failed test 'id is a primary key'
# at t/51_table_column_metadata.t line 23.

# Failed test 'data type is not defined'
# at t/51_table_column_metadata.t line 31.
# got: '?('
# expected: undef
# Looks like you failed 8 tests of 33.


and


t/virtual_table/11_filecontent_fulltext.t ............. 2/15
# Failed test 'search '"use strict" AND "use warnings"''
# at t/virtual_table/11_filecontent_fulltext.t line 79.
# Structures begin differing at:
# $got->[1] = 'lib/DBD/SQLite/VirtualTable.pm'
# $expected->[1] = 'lib/DBD/SQLite/Constants.pm'

# Failed test 'search '"use strict" AND "use warnings"' -- no
# lib/DBD/SQLite/VirtualTable.pm'
# at t/virtual_table/11_filecontent_fulltext.t line 92.
# Structures begin differing at:
# $got->[1] = 'lib/DBD/SQLite/VirtualTable/FileContent.pm'
# $expected->[1] = 'lib/DBD/SQLite/Constants.pm'

# Failed test 'search '"use strict" AND "use warnings"' -- after
# reconnect'
# at t/virtual_table/11_filecontent_fulltext.t line 105.
# Structures begin differing at:
# $got->[1] = 'lib/DBD/SQLite/VirtualTable/FileContent.pm'
# $expected->[1] = 'lib/DBD/SQLite/Constants.pm'
# Looks like you failed 3 tests of 15.


and


t/virtual_table/11_filecontent_fulltext.t


Thank you
--
Vlad

_______________________________________________
DBD-SQLite mailing list
DBD-SQLite at lists.scsys.co.uk
http://lists.scsys.co.uk/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/dbd-sqlite
_______________________________________________
DBD-SQLite mailing list
DBD-SQLite at lists.scsys.co.uk
http://lists.scsys.co.uk/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/dbd-sqlite

Search Discussions

Discussion Posts

Previous

Related Discussions

Discussion Navigation
viewthread | post
posts ‹ prev | 4 of 4 | next ›
Discussion Overview
groupdbd-sqlite @
postedSep 30, '15 at 3:16p
activeOct 6, '15 at 2:57a
posts4
users2
websiteshadowcat.co.uk

People

Translate

site design / logo © 2021 Grokbase