Thanks Kenichi.

Since no one has suggested any particular version I'll disable the
DBI thread warning for perl >= 5.12.

Tim.

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 02:40:22PM +0900, kenichi ishigaki wrote:
Hi. I don't usually use the "threads" module in my projects, but...

1) DBD::SQLite has several tests that use fork(), that means emulated
fork() (with ithreads) under Windows, and they've been working fine
for years.

2) DBIS/dTHR issue was fixed at DBD::SQLite 1.22_04 (released in
April, 2009) by Tim's advice.

3) Docs on SQLite3's thread safety:
- http://www.sqlite.org/compile.html#threadsafe
- http://www.sqlite.org/c3ref/threadsafe.html
- http://www.sqlite.org/faq.html#q6

4) DBD::SQLite is compiled with the default THREADSAFE option if your
perl supports ithreads, or THREADSAFE=0 (single thread mode)
otherwise.

5) As a general rule, a) you shouldn't use DBI handles prepared
outside the threads, and b) you're advised to set
sqlite_use_immediate_transaction attribute to true (or issue BEGIN
IMMEDIATE) to avoid (dead)locks.

Regards,

Kenichi