the following test script works for me on debian, centos, and windows.
Please make sure your DBD::SQLite is compiled with the bundled library.
I'm afraid that your DBD::SQLite is possibly compiled with an older version
of system sqlite.

------------------------
#!/usr/bin/perl
use strict;
use warnings;
use DBI;
use Test::More tests => 4;

my $dbh = DBI->connect('dbi:SQLite::memory:');
cmp_ok $DBD::SQLite::VERSION, '>', 1.14, "DBD::SQLite $DBD::SQLite::VERSION";
cmp_ok $dbh->{sqlite_version}, 'ge', "3.6", "Compiled with
$dbh->{sqlite_version}";

$dbh->do('create table foo (text)');
$dbh->do('insert into foo values (?)', undef, "works for me?");
is $dbh->selectrow_array('select substr(text,5) from foo') => 's for me?';
is $dbh->selectrow_array('select substr(text,5,2) from foo') => 's ';

HTH,

Kenichi