Both "sqlite_unicode" and "unicode" attributes access
the same internal handle attribute (imp_dbh->unicode),
so basically it shouldn't matter which attribute name
is used in the DBD::SQLite arena. However, it's possible
your application, or your O/R mapper maybe, does something
for you when it has its own "unicode" attribute as a connect
option. Thanks for the report.

Kenichi