"Stephen" == Stephen Shorrock writes:
Stephen> Using an older version of Catalyst (5.80007) I used to start the
Stephen> development server with:

Stephen> REMOTE_USER=userid myapp_server.pl

Stephen> and have available in the application userid via
Stephen> $ENV{REMOTE_USER}. Having upgraded to 5.90010 this no longer
Stephen> appears to work nor does attempting to access via $c->engine->env
Stephen> or $c->req->remote_user.

Stephen> How can I set the remote user on development user startup and
Stephen> then how should I access it in my controller?

use Plack::Middleware::ForceEnv, this and other upgrade caveats are documented
in Catalyst::Upgrading

--
Eden Cardim Need help with your Catalyst or DBIx::Class project?
Code Monkey http://www.shadowcat.co.uk/catalyst/

groupcatalyst @
categoriescatalyst, perl
postedMar 2, '12 at 9:08a