On 28 Feb 2012, at 13:03, Johannes Kilian wrote:

Hi,

I've got following question concerning views: I want to provide an XML-View which provides "standard" XML-Files using XML::Simple in almost any case. Just in some cases I want to provide specialized XML-Files.
Erm, why are you not just sending your already rendered "standard" XML file?

I.e. what is the point in using XML::Simple at all here - why not just set the body?
In other words: I want to use XML::Simple as default handler - which is overriden by a specialized XML Generator in some cases ...

Within my controller I do have something like this:
----
__PACKAGE__->config(
'default' => 'text/html',
'stash_key' => 'rest',
'map' => {
'text/html' => [ 'View', 'TT', ],
'text/xml' => [ 'View', 'XML', ],
# 'text/xml' => 'XML::Simple',
}
);
-----

I cannot figure out how to set XML::Simple as default handler and override this for certain URLs within the same controller whilst for other URLs within the same controller the default XML-Handler is used ....

Is this possible at all?
How can I do this?
Erm, what do you mean by 'XML handler' here?

XML::Simple will serialise whatever data structure you give it (as per any of the other serialisation methods!).. So just give it a different data structure in the different cases?

Alternatively - if you really want to _totally_ override it, just set the response body manually, and the Controller::REST end action will leave it alone..

Cheers
t0m

groupcatalyst @
categoriescatalyst, perl