On 06/12/2011, at 22:44, Tomas Doran wrote:
On 6 Dec 2011, at 11:06, Alec Taylor wrote:
On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 9:21 PM, Kieren Diment wrote:

On 06/12/2011, at 9:06 PM, Tomas Doran wrote:

If you're making the technology choice, and you haven't got production experience building and maintaining large scale web apps on one of the platforms you're picking from - then you're the wrong person to be making that choice.
I'd be less absolute than that. I'd say *probably* the wrong person.
I am building this project with one other person. Neither off us have
experience with web-frameworks.

I've done some work with CGI Python in the past (building a minuscule
social-network with video-conferencing), but mostly my talent lies in
C++.
I'd recommend going with Python then, if that's the language you both know best.

Having to learn both the language and the framework(s) at the same time is going to be massive pain ;)
On the other hand i think it's all about the libraries. If you're going to have to carve more home grown hand made wheels/libraries with python, then that's going to be a massive pain too. Ymmv.

groupcatalyst @
categoriescatalyst, perl
postedDec 5, '11 at 4:53a
activeDec 6, '11 at 9:46p