On 2/23/2011 6:26 AM, Octavian Rasnita orasnita-at-gmail.com |Catalyst/Allow to home| wrote:

But you can create one or more directory with static files, for example /images, /js,
/css. These directories must be created under the root directory.
And of course, it is recommended to configure the web server to not send the requests to
those directories to the Catalyst app.
That's exactly what I want. How do I tell Catalyst that /images should be static files
under /root/images, rather than a controller named Images?
And as Carl recommended, it is good to not hard-code the URLS in the templates because
they won't work if you'll want to make some changes and want to put the whole
application to listen to a different base than /, for example /old-site.

So use $c->uri_for('/path/to/static/file');
or
$c->uri_for_action('/path/to/action'); #for the dynamic pages
I see, so do that for static files too, not just actions?

groupcatalyst @
categoriescatalyst, perl
postedFeb 23, '11 at 11:30a
activeFeb 24, '11 at 12:13p