On 7/26/2010 11:41 AM, Marc Gamontini wrote:
Thanks you for your answer.
But you're right, the module ..is in its directory. I'm going to check
the package declaration.
I wondered if my team (a java one) could use Catalyst in a production
env, but we're not ready. A lot of examples don't work (from the first
and the second books we bought). I discovered the last erratas on the
apress site : is it possible to get a full (+edit) DBAuth example that
works ? It would be nice to remove, for "simple" CRUD examples, the
authentication layer and get working code with *stable* conventions,
at least for new comers like us ! It is *very* difficult to start
Catalyst Tutorials from cpan on other distribs (Debian is ok, but we
don't use it here). Catalyst is an elegant one, but hard to master (?!).
Being a new comer to Catalyst myself, I've had similar experiences. I
will say that we were all warned that the learning curve was substantial
(I'm referring to the Definitive Guide to Catalyst). Over the past year
I have had to put off things that I *wanted* to do because I didn't
quite understand enough about the underlying code. Tools like
HTML::FormHandler have several features that I think would be cool to
use (Widgets), but I've had enough just getting basic database updates
to work that I can't possibly spend the time now learning how to make
HFH output HTML (I'm sticking with template toolkit).

I will say that I've learned a lot about Catalyst, and feel like I've
just scratched the surface. We do have a very simple production
application written in Catalyst, and are working on a much more complex
one currently, as we are believers in the perl community and CPAN and
the philosophies associated with them.

Good luck, and keep at it!
Steve
Best regards,
marc
2010/7/26 Steve <steve@matsch.com
Something IS missing - the 'Addresses.pm' module! Actually, I'd
be surprised if it's actually missing, however Perl can't find it
for some reason. I would check the 'package' declaration in your
module against the error. It could be an issue with plurality,
likely because a change was made somewhere along the line in how
DBIC handles this. Whatever the case, perl is looking for that
module and can't find it.

Dev site: http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/

groupcatalyst @
categoriescatalyst, perl
postedJul 26, '10 at 12:57p
activeJul 26, '10 at 4:45p
websitecatalystframework.org
irc#catalyst

3 users in discussion

Steve: 2 posts Marc Gamontini: 2 posts Will: 1 post