Hello,
I don't have any DNS lookup in my application. Does catalyst make any
reverse DNS lookup in debug mode?

Thank you
Julien
On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 9:01 PM, Aristotle Pagaltzis wrote:

* Andrew Rodland [2010-02-19 07:35]:
On Thursday 18 February 2010 11:14:46 pm Julien Sobrier wrote:
The time don't add up. Form the timing under Action. it took
less than 1 second. But the line before says 8.27s. Does it
mean 7+ seconds were spend doing something else? Doing what?
There are two things that spring to mind:

1. Time spent reading the request from the user (after the
connection is made but before the full request is received) is
accounted to the "Request took" time but not to any action.
Normally this should be a very small amount of time for a GET,
but in case of very bad network conditions it could be longer.
This wouldn't be any indication of the performance of your app.

2. Your system could have had a major I/O stall between the
beginning of request handling and the beginning of action
dispatch, or between the end of action dispatch and the end of
request handling. You would probably know if this was
happening. :)
Or something that qualifies as both. My immediate first suspicion
in such cases: check your DNS lookup machinery.