On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 4:14 PM, Bill Moseley wrote:

I see.? So you are saying that Content-Type: application/json might need to
be deserialized differently in different applications that share the same
interpreter?? Obviously, json could decode into an array ref so that could
not be mapped to request parameters.? Is that what you mean?? Or that an
application might want the raw json?
I actually have two applications that expect and need the raw data,
rather than the serialized response.

In one case, it's a simple relay mechanism (unreliable system POSTs
JSON feed, and reliable system then rebroadcasts it) similar to a
pubsub model. It is much faster to just relay the data rather than
deserialize.

Another case, storing the data in something like MogileFS. I don't
necessarily want to deserialize it but I do need the mime-type from
the uploads. I tend to be the type that store data as I receive it,
then clean it separately as needed.

Half-way contrived examples, but based off of real world stuff I have
done/am doing.

-J

groupcatalyst @
categoriescatalyst, perl