Tomas Doran wrote:
# FORWARDING TO AN ACTION IN SOME OTHER NAMESPACE
# THAT MIGHT NOT BE ACCESSIBLE AS A URL
my $dbix_query = $c->forward(
'Reports::Custom::TodaysPerformance',
'todays_performance_detailed',
[ { # Snip
} ]
);
Erm, that's forwarding to a component name and a method name, and I
don't think ^^ will work, as it's not a component which will be returned
by $c->component.
I don't understand what you mean by "component", but I'll be looking
that up here momentarily. For the record, it _does_ work, and it's part
of a completely functional application running on several servers as I type.

Part of that example I found at a website and by trial and error was
able to arrive at the working final product.
# FORWARDING TO A VIEW?
# not sure if you can pass arguements here, nor am I sure why I'm
# required to fully qualify the namespace starting at 'MyApp' and
# why I am not required to do so in the example immediately above
# this one.
$c->forward('MyApp::View::MP3');
This is forwarding to a class name without a method name, and so the
method name defaults to 'process'

You don't fully qualify the namespace - you just say
->forward('View::XXXX');
Again, this seems strange to me as well, seeing as the example I gave
for forwarding to a view comes nearly verbatim from working code. But
despite that, what you say makes perfect sense; the view (or class -ahem
, sorry) to which I'm forwarding does contain a single method named
"process". I found that example from a CPAN module's source code. As
you can see, I really have been digging around for a while. I've found
things that work, but have no idea *why*. More than anything else I've
found things that *don't* work ;-)
The other thing is that you've missed the most important and useful
thing you can forward to - an action directly.

$c->forward($c->controller('Foo')->action_for('bar'), [@args]);
oOOooo I like that! $c->controller->... AWESOME!

Thank you for your response Tomas.

--
Tommy Butler

groupcatalyst @