On Wednesday 23 December 2009 03:40:37 am Octavian R??ni?? wrote:
Hi,

I use Catalyst::Controller::HTML::FormFu but in some actions I don't want
to use the FormConfig attribute because it would automaticly generate and
process a form, which takes much time. I want to do that only if the
already generated template and data was not found in the cache.
[...]
First, is this correct? (or it might appear some issues). I know that the
plugins are not recommended, but it is not a Catalyst plugin for public
use, but only one for my app.
Maybe you should extend C::C::HTML::FormFu to have the caching behavior you
want, and then just use *that* as a controller base class?

And if it is ok, is it possible to get $self in the plugin in order to do
$self->form?

Or I will need to send it explicitly using:

$ff($self, 'path/to/config_file');
When running an action, the '$self' is the Controller. Outside of the action,
you can get the controller for the dispatched action with $c->controller() (no
argument).

Andrew

groupcatalyst @
categoriescatalyst, perl