I use Catalyst::Controller::HTML::FormFu but in some actions I don't want to
use the FormConfig attribute because it would automaticly generate and
process a form, which takes much time. I want to do that only if the already
generated template and data was not found in the cache.

But instead of writing each time

my $form = $self->form;
$form->load_config_filestem('path/to/config_file');
$form->process;
$c->stash->{form} = $form;

I would prefer to write a plugin, and write only something like:

$c->ff('path/to/config_file');

First, is this correct? (or it might appear some issues). I know that the
plugins are not recommended, but it is not a Catalyst plugin for public use,
but only one for my app.

And if it is ok, is it possible to get $self in the plugin in order to do
$self->form?

Or I will need to send it explicitly using:

$ff($self, 'path/to/config_file');

Thanks.

Octavian

groupcatalyst @