On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 13:50:51 +1000, Chris wrote:
On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 4:23 AM, David Stevenson wrote:
I second the recommendation of Selenium. ?Even with the IDE it can take a
while to get tests together, but it's well worth it IME.
Well worth it, but running selenium tests against IE using DOM
accessors (div[2]/table[2]/tr[1]/td[2]) can be painfully slow. CSS
accessors are recommended for reasonable speed.

If you need to test file upload/downloads, then a daemon based on
Win32::GuiTest is handy to type filenames into browser file dialogs
(can't be done from javascript). I've attached one we use in our
vmware windows selenium snapshot.

- Chris
Good to know that there's an option for IE + Sel + file uploads. On the
firefox front, it is possible if you get selenium to launch FF right
(google for the particular invocation.) Then you just put a filename in the
box like its a text input, and FF will submit the file for you - all via
javascript.

groupcatalyst @
categoriescatalyst, perl
postedSep 12, '09 at 5:53p