On Aug 31, 2009, at 8:43 PM, fREW Schmidt wrote:
I'd really like to start testing my controllers, and I wished I'd
started sooner, but oh well. The biggest barrier at this point is
the login system. It uses OpenID for auth, which is where the hard
stuff comes from. I *have* looked at the tests for the OpenID
module for catalyst auth, and although I'll surely end up using
something like that, it's pretty intimidating. Does anyone have
any existing basic tests for OpenID stuff, to test their server, as
opposed to the OpenID module, that they might be willing to share?
I'd really appreciate it. In the meantime I'll be trying to look
more at Ashley's stuff.

Hey there. The test applications (there are two in the t/ dir) are
also in slight disarray. Which is to say, they used to be one test
application but due to forking issues (it had to talk to itself to
provide:consume) I split them where splitting means make exact copies
of the first and renamed each: Provider and Consumer respectively.
Each has been tweaked slightly, and the config of one probably
contains erroneous artifacts from bug fixing, compounding the
difficulty of comprehending them. I'm somewhat proud to say the
current dev version is passing its tests (so far on all test
reports). If you wait awhile I may clean them up, generalize, and Pod
them. Tuits are always the issue. I'm going to do one more dev
release turning on all the "live" tests for everyone (it's an ENV
triggered test now) and if that passes in the wild I'll do a 0.15
which I hope will have some cleanup in the test code for the curious
but... I have considered doing the Provider app as a standalone
release so it could be used in testing. If anyone thinks that's
worthwhile, send a name you'd think sensible
(CatalystX::Test::OpenID::Provider?) and feature wishlist. Again,
it's a tuit issue and I'd way behind on plenty.

I think t0m had the right idea though. Don't test it, or don't unit
test it. Running live or in a staging server, I'd use a known OpenID
account to do a Selenium/WWW::Mech style test.

-Ashley

groupcatalyst @
categoriescatalyst, perl
postedSep 1, '09 at 3:43a