On Sat, Jul 4, 2009 at 2:02 PM, Ashleywrote:
The configuration examples are bad. Menno Blom provided the patch to support
the stuff and I documented it incorrectly. I'm really sorry about this; it's
been this way for a long time. I've been trying just this week to get a new
release but I was also trying to run deeper tests to make sure I don't make
another faux pas and I've been having problems getting them together and
LWPx::ParanoidAgent is still broken and my excuse machine is on the fritz.
Thanks. I'm surprised there isn't more interest in maturing the OpenID
support. I think it has a lot of potential for easing registration &
authentication for a lot of web apps.

Are you referring to LWPx::ParanoidAgent exploding when a bad Identity
URL is given? I tried using eval to get around it but that seems to
clash with the rest of the workings of your library.
The snippet below (unedited, it's better to not use the config->{} =
assignment idiom) is from a recent report from Orlando Vazquez who got it
running in spite of the bad doc. There was also an issue with
Config::General being a PITA regarding the data structure so you might want
to start with a pure Perl config and if it runs, then put it into your
favored config file format.
[snip]
? ? ? ? ? ? ### need this to get registration fields
? ? ? ? ? ? extensions => {
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?'http://openid.net/extensions/sreg/1.1' => 1
? ? ? ? ? ? },
This was the missing link! I can now chuck this in my test app:
$c->stash->{sreg} =
$c->user->extensions->{'http://openid.net/extensions/sreg/1.1'};
...and access sreg properties from the templates. Yay!

Disappointingly, it looks like many providers don't offer SREG details
- Google, Yahoo, LiveJournal didn't return anything. MyOpenID did
though.

Ideally, I'd like to store a local profile for a user, using OpenID
for Auth, and SREG for initial/default field population when
available. I'd rather use a ID and username created & tracked
internally, though, and just use the OpenID for auth.

--
Trevor Phillips - http://dortamur.livejournal.com/
"On nights such as this, evil deeds are done. And good deeds, of

groupcatalyst @
categoriescatalyst, perl
postedJul 4, '09 at 4:13a
activeJan 9, '10 at 1:15a