I've only just started looking at OpenID, and would love to integrate
it with Catalyst apps. Using
Catalyst::Authentication::Credential::OpenID I've got the basics of
Authentication working, but I'm having problems with SREG.

The first problem is when using a .conf config, the docs say you can use:
<extension_args>
http://openid.net/extensions/sreg/1.1
required email
optional fullname,nickname,timezone
</extension_args>

However, this fails, since this doesn't resolve into an Array, which
is what Net::OpenID::Consumer expects when
Catalyst::Authentication::Credential::OpenID calls set_extension_args.

Ok, so I can get around that by defining my Auth in my Perl module instead...

The next problem is I can't seem to get at the SREG hash. I'm trying
to get the hash using:

$sreg = $c->user->signed_extension_fields(
'http://openid.net/extensions/sreg/1.1'
);

...but this just assigns $sreg the string
'http://openid.net/extensions/sreg/1.1'.

Dumps of $c->user don't show anything useful either.

Am I missing something, or is OpenID Extensions for Catalyst currently broken?

--
Trevor Phillips - http://dortamur.livejournal.com/
"On nights such as this, evil deeds are done. And good deeds, of

groupcatalyst @
categoriescatalyst, perl
postedJul 4, '09 at 4:13a
activeJan 9, '10 at 1:15a