On 9 Jun 2009, at 19:59, Robert Buels wrote:

Hans Dieter Pearcey wrote:
This is so strange to me; I *always* install my applications with
make install,
or make debian packages of them, or...
Ok, so, I'm obviously full of crap. (This should not be news to
anyone who reads the list)

A lot of people install their applications.

A lot of people find the fact that their config gets installed into
MyApp/myapp.yml, and your templates go into MyApp/root odious and
offensive.

You're preaching to the converted, I say we move them into a
sharedir, which is at least somewhat more sane, or we could even
adopt the crazy schemes proposed by john (http://
jjnapiorkowski.vox.com/library/post/rfc-non-code-data-directories-and-
standards-for-catalyst.html).

We're going to merge the first stage of the -Devel stuff shortly, at
which point branches to change the application structure (s/root/
share/) etc, welcome.

Please to be commenting on John's blog and branching Runtime 5.80 in
the mean time + stealing the sharedir handling out of Reaction, and
getting Alias to accept patches to do the 'am I in a checked out
dist' special move on File::ShareDir?

Well volunteered.

Cheers
t0m