On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 11:57 AM, Tomas Doran wrote:

Robert Buels wrote:
So, if I understand rightly, shouldn't the MyApp/root be going into
blib/auto/MyApp/root instead of blib/MyApp/root ?
The simple answer you're looking for is 'hysterical raisins'.

I'm hoping that we'll move to using File::ShareDir for template for
installed applications as well as the (Catalyst::Helper) helper files at
some point in the future (Reaction is doing this already, I see no reason
not to pull it back into core at some point).

However most people don't actually install their applications (in a make
install type way), and so this isn't so much of an issue for them...

Cheers
t0m

Searchable archive:
Dev site: http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/
We have a bit of code in the Helper section that looks for the stuff in the
distribution, as t0m has said, but it's untested, and not really implemented
yet tbh. People *don't* really install their applications, although they
should, because a reasonable developer keeps their Makefile.PL up to date
and thus keeps application dependencies up to date.

-dhoss

--
Devin Austin
http://www.codedright.net