On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 03:54:04 +1100, Zbigniew Lukasiak wrote:

Here at work we have this rule that the page urls should not contain
any parameters (think page number, sorting order etc) - but that
everything should be hidden in the session. I think I can have some
fighting chance to counter that trend if I feed the bosses with some
authoritative enough documents. Do you guys know something fitting?
Or maybe it is me who is mistaken - and this is a great idea indeed?
Is it just GET parameters that are forbidden? Can you get away with using path segments?
can you use /foo/cats/paged/3 and still fit this "rule"?

Also, hiding things in the session will get you silly results (and not the good kind of silly) and a confused user when the session expires while the user is not looking.

user clicks "next page"
user meets login page
all state is lost when new session is created
user comes looking for a spine to put an axe in

--
=^_^=
($site = $email) =~ s/\@/./;

groupcatalyst @