On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 01:34:11AM +0000, Tomas Doran wrote:
On 12 Jan 2009, at 19:41, Bill Moseley wrote:
On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 05:30:08AM +0000, Tomas Doran wrote:

I'm reasonably sure that it's all working as expected, but I want to
get
as much testing as possible before pushing up a release which will
install by default for people to reduce the possibility of it causing
issues for anybody.
Might consider creating a md5 signature when calling
initialize_session_data. We use that to prevent writing to the
session store when not needed (i.e. empty sessions).
That would be an additional feature, right?
I would not call it a new feature. When the session is fetched a
signature is created. When it's time to write the session the
signature is checked to see if the session changed. If it has not
changed then don't write it to the store.

IMO, what is lacking is if no session exists a new session is created.
But, at the end of the request there's no signature so the session is
automatically written to the store -- even if the application didn't
put anything into the session.

The signature is to tell if the session changed during the request.
But with new sessions that signature is missing. So, I don't think
it's a feature as much as an incomplete implementation.
I'm all for this (patches welcome, feel free to have a commit bit and a
branch etc), but I'm afraid the only job _I'm_ currently volunteering for
is the yak-shaving exercise of making releases, asking people to test
them out, and doing some smoke testing.
I do appreciate that -- and it's much more than I seem to be able to
find time for. I just thought I'd mention the issue if Sergio Salvi
was still actively working on the module.

Cheers
t0m

Bill Moseley
moseley@hank.org
Sent from my iMutt

groupcatalyst @
categoriescatalyst, perl
postedJan 12, '09 at 5:30a
activeJan 13, '09 at 3:50a
websitecatalystframework.org
irc#catalyst

2 users in discussion

Bill Moseley: 2 posts Tomas Doran: 2 posts