From: David Schmidt <davewood@gmx.at>
Subject: [Catalyst] Beginner Question: Controller Layout
To: "The elegant MVC web framework" <catalyst@lists.scsys.co.uk>
Date: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 3:17 PM
Hello list,

I am at the point of starting a new project and have yet to
choose a
controller layout.

my application is a site where:

music bands can
- register
- fill out (and later edit) a profile
- upload pictures and songs
- schedule events which will be displayed on a calendar

visitors can
- browse all of the above information
- register to a newsletter

admins can
- edit all of the above stuff

Well, I suppose you get the picture. I am hoping to get
some guidance
here from someone who has experience

One solution that comes to my mind would be to make a
controlller for
each role (admin, band, visitor)
another one would be to make a controller for each type of
media
(songs, pictures, band, ...)

Either way I am not able to tell which one is most suitable
beforehand.

thanks in advance

david