From: Gerda Shank
Sent: Tue 9/23/2008 11:38 AM
To: Coates, Greg
Subject: Re: [Catalyst] FastCGI Deployment problem - can't find templates

Greg:

Your template files are not static files. They shouldn't be in the
static directory. A fairly standard configuration is to have a templates
directory right underneath root, at the same level as the static directory.

You should probably move the templates directory one level up and adjust
the config for your TT view.

Gerda

Greg Coates wrote:
I've written my first Catalyst app. Up until this point, I've been
using the Catalyst development server, but now I'm working on
deploying the application on my webserver using apache and FastCGI.

The problem is, now that I have the app deployed, Catalyst can't seem
to find my template files. These templates were found with no problem
in the development environment. Here's the error I'm getting:
[error] Couldn't render template "file error - comments/report.tt: not
found"

And here's my apache configuration:
LoadModule fastcgi_module modules/mod_fastcgi.so
FastCgiExternalServer /opt/myapp/myapp_fastcgi.pl -host 127.0.0.1:3001
<VirtualHost 64.22.79.211:80>
ServerName blog-admin.myserver.com
Alias /static /opt/myapp/root/static
Alias / /opt/myapp/myapp_fastcgi.pl/
</VirtualHost>

(I have the template files in the /opt/myapp/root/static/templates
directory.)

And the command I used to start the FastCGI server:
./myapp_fastcgi.pl -e -l 127.0.0.1:3001 -p /tmp/myapp.pid

I'm stumped. Does anyone see a problem with my configuration or
otherwise that might be keeping Catalyst from seeing my template files?

Thanks,
Greg Coates