Ya I agree that doc is a little wacky - I tend to craft my own urls &
set the HTTP method appropriately - I stick the JSON-encoded data in a
'data' request parameter & have my auto sub in my Root controller peel
it off of there & put it in $c->data so it all looks the same after that.

like:

if (my $data = $c->stash->{raw_params}->{data}) {
$c->req->data(decode_json($data));
}

Mark