On Fri, Sep 14, 2007 at 12:43:15PM +0100, Simon Wilcox wrote:
Matt S Trout wrote:
The docs are correct.

That's just completely the wrong place for the create_limited method.
I'd better read them more thoroughly then :-)

I'm coming at this as an ex-Class::DBI user who uses DBIx::Class every
few months. Each time I come into contact with it the state of the art
has moved on so much it feels like I'm re-learning everything. But that
is most definitely my problem !

I appreciate that RTFM is the right way to go but could you give me a
clue as where the right place for the create_limited method would be ?
Rule of thumb: If it would have been a class method in CDBI code it probably
wants to be a resultset method in DBIC.

As I noted in my initial reply to the OP though, I'd probably override
insert+update on my user object to call an _add_pw_to_used_list method or
similar; whether that then calls a create_limited resultset method for
usedpassword or handles the logic itself doesn't strike me as that important.

Technical Director Want a managed development or deployment platform?
Shadowcat Systems Ltd. Contact mst (at) shadowcatsystems.co.uk for a quote
http://chainsawblues.vox.com/ http://www.shadowcat.co.uk/

groupcatalyst @
categoriescatalyst, perl
postedSep 13, '07 at 10:27a