Matt S Trout wrote:
On Thu, Sep 13, 2007 at 03:14:58PM +0100, Ian Docherty wrote:
Almost, if I do my $used_password =
$c->model('DBIC::UsedPassword')->result_class->create_limited();

it works. So that should do for now, thanks Simon and Will for your help ;)
No. Don't do that.

Really don't.

It's utterly broken.
Thanks. I'm not as familiar with the interaction of DBIx::Class and
Catalyst::Model::* as you are (obviously, I didn't write 'em :) but from
here:

http://search.cpan.org/~ash/DBIx-Class-0.08007/lib/DBIx/Class/ResultSet.pm#result_class

I find:

result_class

Arguments: $result_class?
Return Value: $result_class

An accessor for the class to use when creating row objects.
Defaults
to result_source->result_class - which in most cases is the name of
the "table" class.

This seems to be the right behaviour to me. Can you summarise why it is
not ?

Yet over here:

http://search.cpan.org/~blblack/Catalyst-Model-DBIC-Schema-0.20/lib/Catalyst/Model/DBIC/Schema.pm

I find:

class

Shortcut for ->schema->class

So would the original be better written as:

$c->model('DBIC::UsedPassword')->class->create_limited(); # ?

If it's not this then the docs are really confusing and I'd really
appreciate it if you could provide the correct usage or approach for
this situation.

Many thanks,

Simon.

groupcatalyst @