On Thursday 16 August 2007 13:42, Tobias Kremer wrote:
Quoting Bernhard Graf <catalyst2@augensalat.de>:
Thanks! I'll take a look at it.
You should definitely do that. Not only for this case - daemontools (or
similar like runit) are superior for nearly every server service on *ix
OSes. Check out http://smarden.org/runit/runscripts.html and compare
the scripts with typical System-V run scripts (not mentioning the
supervision concept in general).
For now I'm gonna try running two independent FastCGI process
managers and restart them on different hours via a cronjob so that
one of them will always be available to lighttpd. Other solutions are
still welcome! :)
Why two FCGI process managers? To compensate FCGI downtimes? Did you
find a way to tell lighttpd not to talk to an FCGI process that is
down? I only get a 500 error in that case.

--
Bernhard Graf

groupcatalyst @
categoriescatalyst, perl