Josef Karthauser wrote:
Hey guys,

I'm using HTML::Widget; I've created a widget and preloaded it
with values from a database record using ...->value(...).
I've also set up some constraints, so that the fields can be type
checked.

However, I can't get the constraint errors to work. Well they
work if I submit a form, set up the widget and use

$widget->process($c->req)

to load the values in. However when I load the widget from the
record directly using ->value(...) and then $widget->process(),
none of the constraints are triggered.

I'm confused....

So, I'm trying to hack my way around it by creating a 'query' object
to use in place of $c->req the first time around. How do I do that?

Or, how do I do it properly?

Help!

Joe
Firstly there is a HTMLWidget mailing list for this ;)

Using constraints on input from a database doesn't make sense. If the
data is invalid it shouldn't make it to the database in the first place.

Ash

groupcatalyst @
categoriescatalyst, perl
postedNov 20, '06 at 10:46p
activeNov 21, '06 at 6:03a
websitecatalystframework.org
irc#catalyst

2 users in discussion

Josef Karthauser: 2 posts Ash Berlin: 1 post