For some reason, I can't make a model based around Class::DBI.

Unfortunately, I have to work with a custom database backend, so
there's no Class::DBI::Loader support, so Catalyst::Model::CDBI is
out.

I'd like to use Enzyme, but that depends on having instantiated model
objects in $c->components. Unfortunately, this rules
Catalyst::Model::CDBI::Plain out, since all the objects it creates are
Catalyst::Base.

For some reason, whenever I have a Class::DBI class inherit from
Catalyst::Model (or Catalyst::Base), the accessors no longer work.
So, I can use the model to search, but calls to get fields never make
their way down to Class:DBI.

Any ideas?

groupcatalyst @
categoriescatalyst, perl