Maybe when answering/discussing these types of questions, it should be
standard operating procedure to include the lines in the App.pm (or
wherever it is that this happens) that specifies which plugins gets
used. This type of confusion seems to happen fairly often. And it
would be great for people still getting their feet wet, for
understanding where the $c ($context) object gets its methods from.
This question - where $c (or some object returned by $c) got such and
so method - is currently what I am finding most intimidating about
following board discussions. Since catalyst is still taking shape,
documentation is shaky, and group discussions to a great extent are
taking the place of docu, I think this would really help.

Thomas.