On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 4:25 PM, Marek Majkowski wrote:
On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 2:58 PM, Alexander Albul wrote:
Hi Marek, thank you for your answer.

In case when we are closing channel, it sends close channel request to server and fails too.
Regarding web-stomp - we can't use it because it requires WebSocket support and we need to communicate with RabbitMQ from any browser.
Web-Stomp uses SockJS underneath which does not require native websockets.

You can use web-stomp from any browser newer than IE6.
(including IE6, FYI)
Marek
-----Original Message-----
From: Marek Majkowski [mailto:majek04 at gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, June 11, 2012 4:55 PM
To: Alexander Albul
Cc: rabbitmq-discuss at lists.rabbitmq.com
Subject: Re: [rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq_jsonrpc_channel reconnect ability?
On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 4:05 PM, Alexander Albul wrote:
Hi, right now I have a working example of Json rpc channel usage.
The problem is that when client have any connection problems, we receive Jsonrpc error and polling requests just stop.
I am looking for easy and proper way to handle transport errors and retry (or continue) listening.
I'm afraid there is no "proper" way. When it works - great. But on network errors, I'd assume the state of the channel is undefined.
I would be surprised if there is a sane way to recover. Best solution IMO is to kill the channel and establish a new one.

Much better lifetime management is achieved when underlying transport is connection - like. With this in mind we created web-stomp plugin, you might give it a try:

https://www.rabbitmq.com/blog/2012/05/14/introducing-rabbitmq-web-stomp/

Cheers,
?Marek

grouprabbitmq-discuss @